President Obama has made promises to indigenous peoples he needs to keep.
End fossil fuel infrastructure!
Phone Numbers & Emails to Stop the Violence and End the DAPL!
I am calling on you to step in and end the violence against the peaceful water protectors (or the peaceful Native Americans and their allies) at Standing Rock.
Please use your Executive Power to take the following actions :
- Block the injunction by which the Dakota Access Pipeline (DAPL) company would evict the protesters from their encampments at Standing Rock.
- Order a full Environmental Impact Report (EIR) to study in detail the impacts, cumulative impacts of building this pipeline under the Missouri River as proposed. This is a legal requirement which has not been met.
- Act to protect the civil rights of the indigenous peoples, calling on the pipeline company to halt both open and clandestine attacks on the unarmed civilians who are camped here.
- Make reparations to the people and their families who have been harassed, and injured, either physically or mentally at Standing Rock.
Keep your promises publicly made in June 2014 to the youth and the tribal leaders at the Nations to Nations Conference to “do better by our first Americans” by being a partner every day” to build lasting economic, social, and educational opportunity for these people.
Please use your Executive Power to take the following actions:
- Block the injunction by which the Dakota Access Pipeline company would evict the protesters from their encampments at Standing Rock.
- Call on the pipeline company to immediately halt the violence against unarmed protesters at Standing Rock.
- Ask the EPA or other departments in charge to require a full Environmental Impact Report on the proposed pipeline to meet legal requirements.
- Make reparations to physically and mentally injured victims and their families who were attacked by the police.
Keep your promises which you publicly made in June 2014 to the tribal youth and leaders at the Nations to Nations Conference, to not break yet another treaty and to be a partner to the native Americans of this nation.
Who Else is Supporting the DAPL?
Energy Transfer Partners and other fossil fuel companies are able to push their pipelines and other controversial projects because they get state, federal and corporate support, including millions of dollars to fund militarized police:
Email email@example.com to join the Sonoma-NoDAPL mailing list of the Sonoma County - Solidarity with the Standing Rock Sioux group, for updates on upcoming actions, events, fundraisers, meetings, volunteer opportunities, petitions, etc.